Changing characters

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Changing characters
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred West on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 05:29 pm:

I have just purchased a HP Notebook computer and set it up to UK specification, but when I press the pound sign (£) I print the hash sign (#).
I have contacted HP Customer Support, but although I received an acknowlegement of the problem never got an answer.
Can someone tell me how to correct this fault?
Many thanks,
Fred.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 12:35 pm:

If you go to "regional and language options" in Control Panel, and choose the languages tab, Windows should display the languages already installed, allowing you to choose British/UK English rather than US.

This may solve it - let us know if it doesn't!

Dianne Reuby
http://www.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Fred on Tuesday, April 06, 2004 - 09:28 pm:

Thanks Dianne.
I had set the machine to UK English, but forgot to
delete American English so that was default.
Regards,
Fred.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page