How do I organize the icons on my desktop?

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: How do I organize the icons on my desktop?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tim Anderson on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 12:11 am:

Is there any way I can organize the icons on my desktop? What I want to do is have one icon for my microsoft office icons, one icon for the software I use for my advertising etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My screen is covered with icons and it seems it slows down the start-up of my computer.

Thanks
Tim Anderson

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, October 13, 2005 - 12:48 pm:

You can delete any icons you don't use - this won't delete the program.

You can also right-click on your desktop, and choose New > Folder. Then you can drag-and-drop shortcut icons onto this folder to move them from your desktop into the folder. So you could have a folder with your MS office icons, another for your ad software, and so on.

I usually delete icons like MS office, as they appear on the start menu, and as I have Win XP they also appear on the main menu.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page