Using Microsoft Works Calendar as home page on startup

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Using Microsoft Works Calendar as home page on startup
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jack gamble on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 07:07 am:

I use my Microsoft Works Calendar extensively. Is there anyway I can designate it as my home page instead of having to start it every time I want to refer to it or use it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 05:02 pm:

RE: MS Works Calendar'

Well, I don't believe that you can make it your start page in your browser like a web page, however, you can make it more readily accessable.

Here's how: Start> Settings> Task bar & Start menu; in the dialog box click the start menu tab, click "Add", click browse. The Microsoft Works Calendar 'Should be in Windows, Start Menu, Programs, Microsoft Works. Click the calendar and then click open. In the next window click "Next". The next window will ask "Which folder do you want to place the short cut in?" Select the desk top, it is all the way at the top of the list. The next window will ask you for a name, you can leave it Calendar or what ever it is, then click finish.

There is a new icon on your desktop called calendar. Now you can right click on the new icon and drag it to your "Quick Launch" tool bar next to your start button.
If the Quick Launch tool bar is not visible then: Right click on the task bar, a popup menu will appear, select "toolbars" highlight and click "Quick Launch" then proceed with dragging calendar icon to your Quick Launch tool bar.

HTH

Catchup

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page