Formatting !!!!!!!!!!

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Formatting !!!!!!!!!!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy on Saturday, December 23, 2000 - 07:51 pm:

Hi...
O.k....need help on this subject.
Does this Formating of words/clipart & more work with any or all programs we are working on..
more so on e-mailing,posting or where ever we want to post.Not really computer savvy....so would like to know if I can use it in my Yahoo mail & advertisements,and other areas that I work in..I an to all of this..I have seen other's using simular Images/features in email/instant messages and post on other programs......HELP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Saturday, December 23, 2000 - 09:36 pm:

RE: Formatting;
Well, that is a deep subject.
If I understand what you are asking, you want to know what formatting, as in creating a letter is.

When you mention pictures and formatted e-mail, what you are seeing in that is, e-mail using 'HTML' to "Format" the e-mail.

First things first,
When you 'format' a letter this means to setup margins, borders, font size, font color and the like. All this as opposed to "plain text" no wrapping no paragraph indent and the like.

Now then, if you were to create a "Formatted" letter and wished to send it to someone via email, you would first create your letter in a word processor like "MS Word", after this is done you would "save as", and name it like myletter.doc. Place it in a folder on your hard drive and open your e-mail program. When you click "Compose" and enter your friends e-mail address and any little note to them about the e-mail you would find and click on the "Attachments" button. Go to the folder you saved your "Formatted" letter in and select it and click attach. When you send your e-mail, the formatted letter is sent along with it and whoever recieves it would then view it with MS Word.

When you are seeing a "Formatted" E-mail, what you are actually looking at is a kind of a "Web page". To view this type of e-mail though you have to have your e-mail program set to view HTML pages.

Html 'formatting' is quite different than word processor 'formatting'.

Merry Christmas

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jim Darnell on Friday, December 28, 2001 - 12:40 pm:

Speaking of Formatting, i would like to learn how to wipe the hard drive clean,re-format it and do a clean install of my windows 98SE. i am now running just 98 and when i put the disk in it tells me i already have an OS, and that i can't upgrade from this disk. I asked around and was told that i needed to reformat the hard drive. If someone would help me with this i would greatly appericated.
Thank You
Jim Darnell
PS I have a password but sorry, i don't remember it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By joe andre on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 06:56 pm:

http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/clean.phpfor 98 and http://www.aumha.org/win4/a/98upgrad.php for 98SE

Go Here For All the Answers concerning this process. BTW, It has easy, step by step instructions to Format , Upgrade, or Re-Install, for any Windows OS. Guaranteed, It's the Best and most thorough site on the Net concerning this Process. Very Easy to Understand and Follow along with. Something everyone is afraid to do for the first time made Easy. Good Luck, Joe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page