Window Sizing/Words..........

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Window Sizing/Words..........
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Dialog boxes  2   05/06 06:02am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy K. on Thursday, December 28, 2000 - 08:48 am:

Hi..Why does the words seem smaller on a website today..yet..when I visit the same site tomorrow...the words seem to enlarge themselves...
Can anyone helpe me out and give me an idea as to
why this is happening?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, December 28, 2000 - 10:08 pm:

I am not sure why they would appear different at different times of the day, Sandy. You may be accidentally adjusting the text size. If you are using netscape, you can make the type larger or smaller by pressing "CTRL + [" or "CTRL + ]". Haven't used Netscape in a while, so I don't remember which does what.

If you are using Internet Explorer, you can adjust that by clicking View/Text Size, and adjusting it there. Not sure if there is a way to do that with the keyboard.

Just a final note. I remember having a lot of trouble with IE making text really large at times when I was at a computer lab. I don't remember which IE version was installed, but that could be a bug in an earlier version. The current release is 5.5, and you may want to consider upgrading to that version. To find out what version you have, go to Help/About internet explorer.

Hope this helps solve the problem.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy K. on Thursday, December 28, 2000 - 10:40 pm:

Josh..
Thanks for the help..but evedently ..my son says that's not the problem...cause he doesn't use IE or nescape.
If anyone out there knows of anyway or what is causing this to happen....please jump in .All or any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks..be :)..Aloha..Sandy K..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, December 29, 2000 - 07:47 pm:

Well Darn.

Sandy, if the only words being resized are inside the web browser window, then I don't think it can be a Windows problem. The web browser has full control over how web-sites appear in the window.

Since you are not using one of the two major browsers, I cannot offer advice on what could be causing that problem. I would also try to notice which websites it does this on. If there is one particular site that resizes, then it could be the site, not the web browser.

Best of Luck,

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Sunday, December 31, 2000 - 05:08 am:

Sandy:

What browser are you using?
What OS are you running?
Windows, Mac, Web TV?

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By peachs04001 on Saturday, May 05, 2001 - 11:30 pm:

went to control panel/display
tab;appearance-selected large font
next tab settings; adjusted screen area
trying to fill horizontal width on screen.. after restartwanted to go back to original settings.. went again to settings but the dialog box filled the screen and the lower third was off the bottom.. unable to click the ok-cancel-apply buttons at botton..
how do i get this reduced..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Earle on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 11:11 pm:

TRY CASCADING THE WINDOW

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page