Do I Defreg or use Maintainace Wizard???????

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Do I Defreg or use Maintainace Wizard???????
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy K on Thursday, January 04, 2001 - 07:32 am:

O.k........
Got another thing for discussion.......
I have been doing defrag on a monthly bases..Now I hear instead you can do it with "Maintainance
Wizard"...So what is better..for us newbie's..and the most easiest..Never knew there was any other way to do it till now.Also..if we do use Maintanance Wizard..what is the proper way to schedule her..have noticed there are two ways to schedule her within the 1)task scheduler & 2)directly from the wizard.If I go directly thru the wizard..she does it on a daily bases..yet...if I go thru the task scheduler...she can be done on a mothly routine...so what or how should I do it.This is really confusing....HELP!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 03:49 am:

RE: Maintainence Wizard and the task manager;

The Maintainence Wizard is basically that, and can be used to maintain your computer, to run scandisk, defrag, and other maintainance programs. While the task manager can be programed to run a multitude of tasks including, maintainence chores.

Because this discussion is concerning maintainence, that is what we will discus.

You can setup the Task scheduler to run your maintainence programs to run late at night while your not using your computer. Thats why I let mine run 24/7. Some of the programs like defrag will run for hours and I don't have to be conderned because unlike myself, this little ol' computer needs no sleep.

So, setup your maintainence with your task manager and get some rest.

I run defrag weekly; scandisk weekly, virus scan nightly.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Earle on Saturday, September 07, 2002 - 12:17 am:

don't forget running some spyware remover as well

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page