Telephone calling card

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Telephone calling card
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jodaraka on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 08:03 pm:

How can I set up my laptop to use my bell calling card when travelling? I want to pick up my E-mail from my home internet provider

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, January 12, 2001 - 08:57 pm:

Jodaraka:

I believe you are asking how to set up your internet connection where it will dial extra numbers (calling card) when traveling. This will only work if you just have to put in an extra number before Here is what to do for that:

From the desktop, double-click my computer.
Double-click "dial up networking".
Double-click "make new connection".
Type a name like "Travel Account" or something.
Click the next button.
Type in the calling card number and the dial-up number.
Click next, click finish.
Double-click the icon and go to dial properties.
Make any adjustments, such as dialing 1.
Connect.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Karen McCain on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 01:29 am:

I do not have long distance land phone service. I use a Sam's 600 min. calling card. I have the 1-800 number programmed into my phone, then have to punch in the second number when calling long distance. My problem is that I cannot use my fax machine to send anything out of town. I have tried punching in all the numbers but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Karen

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page