The time clock

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: The time clock
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 03:26 am:

Is there any way to make my clock on my computer work more correctly? I reset it about once a week as it gains about two minutes a day. I go to the control panel, then to the date/time icon and just change it, but there must be some way to make it recalculate the time so it is not getting ahead of itself all the time.

Any help will be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, February 16, 2001 - 06:41 am:

Don't know of any way to change the speed the clock runs. Mine does just the opposite, it loses about 2 minutes a week. There is a quicker way to re-set it though. Just double left click on the time and it will open the Date/time properties window where you can re-set it. You do not have to go through the control panel.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mitzi on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 06:34 pm:

Is there a way to also display the date in my Systems Tray next to the time display? Thanx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 07:48 pm:

Mitzi,
The date will display if you let your cursor hover over the clock.

Dianne

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jim on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 04:48 pm:

In regards to the question of setting the time on your PC, there is a free program called "abouttime" which I understand will automatically set the time on your PC everyday. I haven't tried it yet myself, but plan to look into it. Jim Hamm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 - 11:28 am:

Have access to the U.S. atomic clock; and a calendar too. It's free - almost. Gator.com puts an ad up now and again.But the clock works good.
Go to: www.precision-time.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page