Window with red x (no picture shown, won't open)

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Window with red x (no picture shown, won't open)
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Red X Instead of picture  6   07/07 03:48am
ERROR MESSAGE ! Please help !  6   09/11 08:38pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fudger on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 04:36 am:

I get some e mail with photos to be shown, but there is a square with a red x in the upper left corner, and i can not open either by double clicking or right clicking, i might have changed one of the settings in the (view as) program , there are 7 or 8 of them and i don't know if i did change something or not. I can't tell you any more at this time , except presario 5050 333 mhz, 8gb hd ,win 98 ,96 ram ,ie 5.0. This program is on my system but i don't know what it's called and what each one does but i think i tried to open something once and cliked one of these? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, February 17, 2001 - 05:35 am:

fudger,
Try this- in IE5, on the the tool bar click Tools,
next click internet options, then click the advanced tab, scroll down to multimedia put a check mark in the box next to show pictures.
click OK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ron Powers on Monday, March 19, 2001 - 11:41 pm:

I've got a mailbox full of graphics and would like to know the quickest/best way to transfer this to a zip 100 disc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ed on Thursday, July 11, 2002 - 06:02 pm:

On all web sites I get a small red x or 3 colored small objects in a box. I can't play any video poker machines. what happened ? If anyone can help,Thank you.
Ed Johnston

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 05:00 am:

Ed, try this; With any web page open in Internet Explorer, in the top tool bar, click on tools, then on Internet Options, when that opens, click on the Advanced tab, scroll down about 3/4 of the way to Multimedia, find the box for Show Pictures and put a check in it. Click Appy then OK. That should fix it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ed Johnston on Friday, July 12, 2002 - 11:52 pm:

Richard, I tried that and it won't work I get the little box,with red x,on every web site.Hope you have more ideas. If not, thanks. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Saturday, July 13, 2002 - 01:04 am:

ED, the only other idea I have is if you are using IE 5.5 or 6, you can try repairing IE. Go to start/settings/control panel/add-remove program, find MS Internet Explorer (5 or 6), highlight it, click on remove, it will bring up a window with 3 options, put a dot in "Repair" and let it do its thing. If this doesn't correct your problem, then someone with more knowledge than I have will have to help you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ed on Monday, July 15, 2002 - 05:42 pm:

Last night,trying to fix my problem (3 colored objects/red x in a little box)& couldn't open any slot machines or pictures. The updates & patches for win98 kept poping up, so I put them in the computer to get rid of them.Afterwards I clicked on a slot(simslots) and they came right in. No more problems, tho' I don't know what that had to do with it. Thanks for your help,I really appreciate it. Ed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, July 16, 2002 - 01:22 am:

Ed. Obviously your IE was having a problem that the update and patch fixed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 07:57 pm:

I can't use the links provided in some emails that come to me where a form is to be filled out and sent back to sender using thier links. The links go pink and the comnputer does not send my mail. Particularly to any protest org. Also for product and services other than what is offered by my privider or browser. How can I fix this situation? This is my first use of this forum. Hope you can help. this message came back You got my topic wrong and used a prevuous person's request. Please read this again. The first 8 lines are my question. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, September 01, 2004 - 07:59 pm:

I can't use the links provided in some emails that come to me where a form is to be filled out and sent back to sender using thier links. The links go pink and the comnputer does not send my mail. Particularly to any protest org. Also for product and services other than what is offered by my privider or browser. How can I fix this situation? This is my first use of this forum. Hope you can help. this message came back You got my topic wrong and used a prevuous person's request. Please read this again. The first 8 lines are my question. Thanks

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page