How do you find Urls for "Avitars"

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: How do you find Urls for "Avitars"
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy K. on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 06:03 pm:

Would like to know if anyone can help me with this question.I want to put an Avitar next to my name in my post....How would I go about doing this...Where would I find the url for any avitar I decide to use.What if I decide to use a family photo...now where would that url be..its very confusing...Hey maybe you guys should do a page by page Illustration about how to do this..Being a newbie can be very confusing..
Aloha.....b:)......Sandy K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, February 20, 2001 - 09:22 pm:

Question:

I may just be goofy, but I haven't a clue what an "Avitar" is.... perhaps an explanation?

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dgeer on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 05:35 pm:

I've never heard of "avatar" either.

Perhaps Sandy can enlighten us?

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, August 15, 2001 - 08:07 pm:

I think "Avitars" are the little pictures that display by your name on bulletin boards - I think you can include them on UBB and the other well-known one (it's so well known that I can't remeber its name!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patrick D.J.Torres Sr. on Thursday, May 23, 2002 - 04:20 pm:

Avatars are actually "alter ego's" in the form of a "3D animated creature " Human, animal or about anything You can create, and some can be found in a neat FREE program called "POWER TOY" , created by Karen Kenworthy, at her site here- http://www.karenware.com - . It contains links for several characters like "Robbie robot, Wizard," etc. She also provides FREE programs to "who-is" "Reg editor" and various VB runtimes!
Check it out, its really a big help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jim on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 02:48 am:

Actually you can just put the word "avatars" into a search engine ( I recommend Google ) You'll get a list of url's that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Patricia Winkelmann on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 08:06 pm:

Thanks for the information, I wondered what avatars were myself as I have seen them on other message boards.
You know what they say "a good day is when you learn something new"! It has been an excellent day!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page