Why doesn't my CD rom's use autorun

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Why doesn't my CD rom's use autorun
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Display pictures from CD on a TV  3   03/18 10:43pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By k.williams on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 09:36 am:

Whenever I put in a CD Rom in my E drive, it never autoruns, and I sometimes am not sure which icon to use to install the program. I have gone to Device Manager tab, then highlight CD Rom drive, click on + sign, hit properties button. Then select settings tab, and check there is a tick in auto-insert box, whichj there is,and click o.k. However it is obviously not working, any suggestions? Thanks Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 05:17 pm:

Kevin:

I am not sure why that is not working. If the auto-insert notification is on, it should auto-run. But only if the cd-rom has auto-run capability. Some cd's do not have the autorun files.

My suggestion is download TweakUI and try to control the cd-rom feature from it. You can download tweakui here:
ftp://ftp.creativelement.com/pub/win98ann/tweakui98.zip

To install it, just right-click on the tweakui.inf file and choose "install".

From there, you will need to find the section that talks about cd-roms and auto-run. Unfortunately, I don't have it installed on this computer, so can't tell you first-hand how to get to it.

Or, you can always just double-click my computer, then double-click your cd-rom to start your auto-run program.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, March 16, 2001 - 05:29 pm:

Kevin:

Here is how to do it with TweakUI:

Click the Paranoia Tab.

Check the boxes that say:
Play audio cd's automatically
Play data cd's automatically.

Be sure to reboot.
If they are already checked, uncheck them, reboot, then recheck them, reboot and see what happens.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By AlexTheGeni on Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 12:30 am:

Come on guys, I mean don't give advise unless you know something but you don't. You don't need to download anything just to make the cd autorun..Very simple and easy 1. click start,setting and control panel.
2. click or double click yeah ok,,System
3.click on device manager
4.click on +Cd rom
5.double click on-whatever your cd name.
6.click on setting.
7. check where it says auto insert notofication.
Get it...Very easy...Later;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Sunday, June 03, 2001 - 12:20 am:

Hey Alex:

You are right... it is easy when the Micro$oft stuff works right. We all know how to turn auto-notification on. But... what to do when it DOESN'T work even when auto-notification is enabled? Thus my previous post. Perhaps you should read more carefully before attacking.

Josh Lowe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page