WINDOWS EXPLORER

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: WINDOWS EXPLORER
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Sounds on internet explorer 5.5  2   11/16 03:02am
Disk "C"  1   01/28 07:01pm
Downloading  1   01/28 07:11pm
Folder "Wallpaper"  1   04/20 11:45pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, March 24, 2001 - 02:08 pm:

I am trying to learn the organization of my hard drive and was doing ok in WINDOWS EXPLORER until I clicked on the X beside FOLDERS at the top of the list and all of the "tree" disappeared. How do I get it back the way it was? (I opened that one by MY COMPUTER/ and double clicking the C Drive) I have noticed that if I open EXPLORER another way, (right clicking C drive and clicking Explore or Start/Explore or Start/programs/Windows Explorer, they are the way I want it. Thanks for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Saturday, March 24, 2001 - 04:58 pm:

Anon:

Click VIEW at the top of the screen, go down to Explorer Bar, then click Folders.

(at least, that is how it is done in ME... for win98/95, you may have to just click View, then folders.)

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, March 24, 2001 - 05:06 pm:

Thanks so much!!! That did the trick on WINDOWS EXPLORER. I just knew I could find the answer at NEWBIE CLUB. Great Site!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By vee on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 06:57 am:

Sure would appreciate some help.
Have Windows ME. When I click on Windows Explorer from start/prog./acces., I get a window named My Documents instead of Windows Explorer.

Have tried going to My Computer, click the C-drive,windows but there is no explorer there. Made new shortcuts but it still brings up My Documents. Even tried afew different target paths but it won't accept them. Put in new explorer shortcut and that didn't help either.

Is this a windows ME quirk or IS there a special target name that's needed? Look forward to any help. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 10:29 pm:

Vee,
I am not sure about ME, but in 98SE, Windows Explorer is located in Start/Programs/Windows Explorer. It is not located in Accessories on my machine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vee on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 06:47 pm:

Don't know what happened??

Posted about three times here under 'Tips & Tricks' and can't find any of them. Help??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vee on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 06:55 pm:

Will try posting again.
My Question please: In regard to the 'Windows Explorer'. I'm wondering why, when I click on windows explorer that it should come up in a window called 'My Documents'. Is it the target path name or maybe this was set-up wrong? When I go to 'properties'(for windows explorer) the target path name is C:\windows\explorer.exe.

It makes no difference whether 'windows explorer' is in the menus in prog. or access., it still comes up as 'my documents'. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 12:57 am:

In Win 98, Win ME, Or Win XP Home Edition, all that is necessary to do is to right-click on "start". In the popup menu that appears, left-click on "Explore". Your tree and right screen will appear!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By bill mcdonald on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 04:05 pm:

hi
i am a member,
i would like to know if you think mozilla firebird0.7, is a good browser.
also need some advise on how to navigate around like other browsers.
if its not a good one, i will remove it.
thanks
bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 04:22 pm:

Lots of people prefer it to IE - it is a good browser, though I've never used it myself.
This describes some advantages:
http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/1/31/125914/125
Here's a tutorial:
http://itexpress.ucdavis.edu/help/tutorials/MozillaPC.shtml

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, February 05, 2004 - 12:17 pm:

There've been some posts on Firebird 7 on the WDVL message board today. You can read them here:
http://www.wdvl.com/WDVL/Forum/

Scroll down to "Visit without joining" button, then click and on the next page "Read Messages".

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page