New User of FrontPage 2000...

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: New User of FrontPage 2000...
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Character Map  1   11/16 12:40am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By P.C. on Sunday, March 25, 2001 - 11:45 pm:

Hello,
I am teaching myself how to use FrontPage 2000.
I have not been able to create links to documents that I create in Word. (The documents show on my computer, but only because they are being read from the file). Any ideas??

Also, how do you save documents to the pdf format?

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 01:13 am:

P.C
You need to upload your documents to your website and then have lines on your page like below.
This one will open a word document in a new window. Substitute your document name for name.doc and what you want your screen link to say for Link name.
Link name
This one will open a pdf file in a new window. Substitute your pdf name for name.pdf and what you want your screen link to say for Link name.
Link name

As far as creating pdf file, visit www.adobe.com and click on their products link. There is a program that will convert a variety of formats, but it ain't cheap. There is a trial version link where you can do them online. I've never used it, so I am not familiar as to how it works. Hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 01:27 am:

P.C
You need to upload your documents to your website and then have lines on your page like below.
This one will open a word document in a new window. Substitute your document name for name.doc and what you want your screen link to say for Link name.
a href="name.doc" target="_blank">Link name a>

This one will open a pdf file in a new window. Substitute your pdf name for name.pdf and what you want your screen link to say for Link name.

a href="name.pdf" target="_blank">Link name a>

Preceed these lines with <

As far as creating pdf file, visit www.adobe.com and click on their products link. There is a program that will convert a variety of formats, but it ain't cheap. There is a trial version link where you can do them online. I've never used it, so I am not familiar as to how it works. Hope this helps. Sorry had to repost due to the link formats, they actually wanted to link to something.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page