Temporary Files

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Temporary Files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David Ice on Sunday, April 08, 2001 - 08:05 pm:

Why can't I empty my temp. files when I go into internet options and click delete files?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By james baker on Monday, April 09, 2001 - 04:02 am:

It only empties the regular type files. If you want to delete cookies regularly create a shortcute to C:\Temporary Internet Files and then manually delete the cookies. Keep in mind automatic login to sites is stored in cookies so after you delete them you will have to retype password to login to sites you visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 05:44 am:

Have an IBM with 233MHZ,64MB sdram and 3.2gb hard drive that has 80% of drive and 70% of memory available but have a serious problem of "freezing" which occurs only when scrolling. Have tried various methods to rectify this problem but no luck as yet. Need some help.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, November 21, 2001 - 09:49 pm:

How do you scroll?

Do you click the scrollbar and scroll down, or do you use a mousewheel?

...yes, I am asking this seriously.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 04:51 am:

Freezing while scrolling:
Don't know if you still need help or not, since this is an old post. But, if this happens to you when you are on line, there is a fix for it. I have an IBM Aptiva and had the same problem. My father also has an Aptiva and he was so glad when I fixed his, he couldn't get his banking info without it freezing. I think it happened after upgrading IE to 5.0, not sure it was a long time ago. Anyway there is a fix at Don's Unofficial Aptiva page.
I think it is http://members.aol.com/don5408/aptiva.html,
You will find it in there somewhere. There is also lots of other useful info there.
Hope this helps.
Lynda

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page