FRAMES IN INTERNET EXPLORER

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: FRAMES IN INTERNET EXPLORER
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, April 18, 2001 - 06:17 am:

Can you explain "frames" to me in Internet Explorer? I am trying to understand the following tip I received from a newsletter and they do not reply to my question.
"And now for Today's Tip...
When you view a frames page, oftentimes you may want to print the info in a single, selected frame (especially when you want to skip ads or other extraneous information). To do so, click Ctrl-P to open the Print dialog box. Select Only The Selected Frame if it isn't already selected. Then click the OK button. Simple enough?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, April 18, 2001 - 09:57 am:

Anonymous,
Frames are a web page cut into sections like this page, one side may be stationary and have links and the other side may scroll like this one does.
Some pages may have 3 or more frames on them.

As far as the tip you included, the way to may that work, frist you have to highlight the section that you only want printed first, then click Ctrl-P, next when your printer option box comes up look under print range and click Selection then click OK. Now your printer will only print what you have highlighted.

Hope this clears things up a little

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page