Address book in Word

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Address book in Word
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 07:20 am:

Is there an easy way in Microsoft Word to create an address book. I have an address book in Outlook Express. Can Word use it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Saturday, April 21, 2001 - 09:19 pm:

Anon,

I just tried it, and here is what I did. First, I opened my address book (Outlook Express), went to "edit" and "select all", then "copy", opened "Word" and pasted it into Word. Then file/save as - named it, and saved as a .doc file to "My Documents". If it has been recently opened in Word it will appear in the recently opened files list when you click on "File". If not then click on "file"/open and browse to "My Documents". I am not real sure this is what you want, but was the only way I could get it to appear in Word, there may be another way that someone else can steer you to.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, May 03, 2001 - 02:38 pm:

Yeah, that is very imaginative and would give me a list of my addresses, but it would still not give me an address book in Word. When you have an address book, you can select the entry and it will enter it in your document. From what I understand in my searching, this is not an option in Word. Thanks anyway
!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Steve on Thursday, November 15, 2001 - 12:28 pm:

Have you tried exporting your address book in comma delimited and then inserting that into word and using the mail merge function to address the document(s) you want addressed?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page