Cut and paste

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Cut and paste
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Clipboard problem  1   03/30 02:34pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By renelyoung on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 03:55 am:

everywhere i go i'm told that if a link isn't clickable, to cut and paste the web address into my browser. the problem with this is that i am new to the web and computers in general. i co not know how to cut and paste. i need step by step instructions that i can print out and keep as a reference. i'd appreciate any help you all can give me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 06:16 am:

If its just Text that you want to save, click and hold your left mouse button down where you want to start, then drag the mouse across all the infomation you want to save. When you have it all highlighted, next right click your mouse and seclect Copy. Next you have to open a word processor of your choice(ie: wordpad), next left click where you want to put the info, then right click and select paste. Your Done

If its an image you want to save right click on the image and select Save Image As, next an information box will popup there you can select a folder (save in) where you want to save the image next under file name it should have the name of the image,(you can change that if you want. Under file type leave that to whatever is selected .gif, .jpg, .bmp next click save and your done.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Sunday, April 22, 2001 - 07:18 am:

Renelyoung,

Here is how to "copy" and "paste" an address (URL) into your browser. Highlight the address by left clicking and dragging the address, it will turn blue, then right click on it and left click on copy, go to your address bar on top of your window and left click on the address that is already there, it will turn blue, right click on the highlighted address (blue), a menu will appear, then left click Paste, the new address will be in your address bar, then hit "Enter" while it is still highlighted (blue) and it will take you to the page. If for some reason the new address in the address bar is not still highlighted (blue), just left click on it and it will highlight again, then hit "Enter".

Here is a way to always have an address bar available even if you are not on an open page, go to the bottom of your window, right click on an EMPTY space on your quick launch bar (where the little icons are by the Start button) a menu will appear, point to "Toolbars" and another menu will appear, click on the "Address" and you will create a second address bar there. If you happen to have several icons on your quick launch bar, some of them will disappear, don't despair. there will be two little >>, left click on them and the lost icons will appear as if by magic. If you later want to remove the bottom address bar, again right click on "Address" and remove the check mark from "Address" and it will disappear.

I hope this is what you were asking for.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Barbara on Saturday, December 08, 2001 - 10:47 pm:

I am working as an Affiliate. When I tried to advertise for my website, they said I would have to copy and paste their url with mine. Where do I put their url(before or after mine)? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, Barb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ime Spartacus on Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 06:31 pm:

goto: http://members.aol.com/jaynecg/private/copy.html

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page