Computer freezes

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Computer freezes
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Top right hand symbols for Mini, Maxi, and Close are screwy  1   03/02 07:07am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, April 25, 2001 - 03:37 am:

i am very new to using computers and am having a prob. it seem when ever i go on to internet to play games i lose all access to internet i must then shut comp. down at power source and do a lot of ctl alt delete to even sign bk in thank you for any help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Laura Quintile on Tuesday, July 03, 2001 - 07:24 pm:

Sometimes the ISP you have will disconnect when
you play games because you are not activating
the ______port (sorry can't remember the exact
name).

I have several ISP's at the same time and
MSN and Netzero always disconnects me

I now have a ISP that does not disconnect me
no matter what I am doing.

It's a free ISP and new, called goingplatinum

My page is

http://www.goingplatinum.com/member/quintile

if you want to check out this ISP and see if it
works better for you, I know it solved my disconnect problems.

Hope this helps you.

Laura

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, August 20, 2004 - 10:27 pm:

When I want to send something to someone, computer tells Me I don`t have a default email. When I try to put Yahoo as the email, it ask for something that stands for incoming and outgoing. I don`t know what to print. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By joe andre on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 07:38 pm:

It normally will be a POP3 server so type in :(mail.yahoo.com) without parenthesis for incoming PORT 110 & SMTP for outgoing so type in: (smtp.yahoo.com ) without the parenthesis for outgoing Port 25. Then type in your username and password and see if it works, Hope this is the right answer for you. Won't hurt, Give it a go and let me know. If not ask Yahoo or do search for yahoo email configuration settings on the web.. Good Luck, Joe

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page