E-mail drafts

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: E-mail drafts
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marv on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 07:53 pm:

On several occasions, the message I was composing had to be put on hold in the Drafts folder. When I bring this message back up it apparently isn't my active window, as I'm unable to edit or enter text.What's the procedure with continuing this message? I started out with new mail and a to: address. I use 98 and outlook 5.5 Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Tuesday, June 12, 2001 - 10:52 pm:

Mary, have you tried clicking on the message at Edit/Edit message?

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marv on Wednesday, June 13, 2001 - 11:47 pm:

The name is Marv, Josh. I've clicked everything there is to click on the tool bar and I can find no place to edit this message from the draft folder?? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 12:49 am:

marV, I apoligize for the incorrectness on the name. Mary posts here often, so I assumed...and we all know what happens when people assume.

Anyway... I am experiencing some computer probs here at my house, so I can't exactly try this out because my outlook express is out of commision till I fix it. However, I will post tomorrow afternoon after I can get to work so I can try to play around with it.

I have Outlook 2000, and from there you can click edit/edit message, so that is why I assumed Outlook Express would be the same.

Thanks again for the correction, Marv.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 01:36 am:

Marv, I just checked this out using Outlook express 5.5, I ran into the same problem you had, then I discovered that if I Right click on the header of the message that is in the draft folder, I get a menu with "open" at the top, left click on "Open" and it becomes an active window so you can continue to write in it.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 04:33 pm:

Hmmm... this is weird. I composed and saved a msg in draft folder, but didn't have any problem at all editing the text. I just clicked in the email and started typing...

I dunno.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 04:48 pm:

I am running Windows 98 and Outlook Express 5.5. When I save into the drafts folder and I want to continue, I just double click on the saved message in the drafts folder and everything is back to normal. If I only click once it just brings it up to read but not to continue or edit. HTH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 10:17 pm:

Yep, just tried it, double clicking on the letter in "draft" brings it back to life for me too.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By marv on Thursday, June 14, 2001 - 11:23 pm:

Thanks for all the helpful comments. I found that after clicking on the draft folder>right click the header> click open got me back to the active message.
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, June 15, 2001 - 12:05 am:

Ok, that explains why i didn't have the problem. I don't have a preview pane, so one-click doesn't do anything for me... i have to double-click.

Cool!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page