Getting rid of url's in address bar!!

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Getting rid of url's in address bar!!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jeanine on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - 09:05 pm:

Hi all,

Ya'll have helped me in the past, I hope you can now also. I want to know if there is a way to delete the url's that you type in the address bar at the top of the screen?? They seem to stay there forever. I can delete it if it's in the bar, but it still stays in the drop down window. Is there a simple way of doing this?? I sure would appreciate it if someone could tell me how if there is.

Thanks,

Jeanine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - 10:18 pm:

On the I.E.5 Toolbar, click Tools, next click Internet Options.

Click on the Content Tab, Click the AutoComplete button, next uncheck Web Addresses.

To clear web address entries, on the general tab click Clear History.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jeanine on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 12:22 am:

Thank You Anonymous!

It worked (of course):o). I made a copy so I could remember how to do it next time.

This board sure is great!

Jeanine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 04:19 pm:

Hi, help please. when I clean my forms as suggested it worked once, now when I do it the box freezes and another box pops up and says its not responding. I have to shut down to get rid of the boxes. What's happening?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 02:48 am:

On Jeanines answer to clear the address drop down box, I need to know if the same holds true if you do not want all the addresses to clear, only some???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 07, 2002 - 03:27 pm:

I happened to read something similar here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jim on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 02:53 am:

If you really want to clear those old addresses download historykill. www.historykill.com It's a free program and works great. It also clears the temp files and emties the recycle bin.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page