How do you email a sound file from sound recorder?

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: How do you email a sound file from sound recorder?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fudger on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 12:30 am:

How do you send a 10 40 second wave.file from sound recorder via outlook express? I get the sound recorded ok, but it takes forever to get it to process in outlook express and i finally just close it down to delete the file from outlook express and not send it.compaq 5050 presario,8gbhd, 96 ram, win 98 , ie 5.0, 333mhz celeron. are they supposed to be selected as "all files" instead of "wave. files"? thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 01:13 am:

Fudger,
Save your recorded .wav to a folder where you can find it. In OE go to "Create a new Message" when the "new message" window opens, click on Insert/file attachment/ navigate to where you have the sound saved, select it and click OK, the "type of files" will show up as "all files" by default, don't change it, it will show up in the subject line of the new messsage and as a "paperclip" on your message. Send it to yourself to prove it works, then click on the paperclip/open. It will bring up Windows media player and play the .wav. I know this works because I just tried it. :o)

That is one way to do it, another way is if you want the sound to be a background instead of an attachment, then in the New Message window, click on "Format"/background/sound, navigate to the sound you saved (by default it opens the Media Folder), if your sound isn't there, click on the "Up" arrow until you get to the folder you want, select your file, then open, a window will appear giving you the options as to how many times you want the sound to play, then click OK and it will go in your message as a background sound that will play as soon as the recipient opens the message. (no having to click on the paperclip).

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 03:06 am:

Fudger,

One note to add on to what Richard has said: If it seems like it is taking a long time, that is because wav files are so large. If you are sending a wav file over a few seconds, expect to wait a long time to send it, and for the other person to recieve it. That may be why you kept thinking outlook express wasn't sending it.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fudger on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 08:20 pm:

Thanks, i guess to wander a bit, is there a faster way or is the post by "Richard" , the fastest way, i'm just experimenting, learning actually on the sound files, and it showed wave files or all files and i thought maybe i did not select the right one, also i don't want to bog down someone's system as i would not want that done to mine, so that is why i stopped them and then seeking this info? thank you! will try it as you explained anyway.(and then under sound recorder is it normal to take upwards of 20 minutes to send a 15-20 second wave sound file on outlook express or longer?, via dial up modem to a cable modem receiver?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fudger on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 08:26 pm:

HEY- its Friday and the grand kids just left so i did not have intelligent time to digest the posted response. I'll try first, and if i have troubles i'll come back , thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By fudger on Friday, June 29, 2001 - 08:48 pm:

Hey GUYS THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Slick as a whistle, mission accomplished, only 1 question how long can you make them on sound recorder?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Kathy on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 08:39 am:

I have recorded a message that I want to play when I start up my computer. I know how to insert it into a word document and e-mail, etc. I can't figure out out to insert the message to where it will play when I start up. I have looked for answer, but can't seem to get my hands on it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 03:09 pm:

Kathy,

Here are the instructions per the latest Newbie Club letter, I just happened to have printed them out so still have them:

1. Open the sounds properties dialog box, you'll find it as an icon in the control panel, named "sounds".

2. Highlight the line item named "close program" by clicking on it once. The name field comes alive. You can select from pre-existing sounds there, but we're going to browse for our new sound.

3. Click the browse button and navigate to "My Documents" folder (if that is where you saved the sound), and select your new sound. The speaker will appear in the preview box if you had no sounds selected previously.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, October 18, 2001 - 03:11 pm:

4. Preview the sound by clicking the right arrow in the preview area. Like what you hear? Okay!

5. Click the apply button. Select another event, attach a new sound, click apply, until you've set up all of the sounds you want.

6. Click the OK button to put the dialog box away.

The details button will give give you additional details on the sound file you select. In the schemes field you can choose from existing sound schemes if they exist on your system.

Hope this helps,
Richard

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page