Inserting forms into word

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Inserting forms into word
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Paulette Davis on Saturday, July 14, 2001 - 01:16 pm:

Hi, this is my first post for the forum and although I've searched I haven't found anything pertaining to my question.
Is there anyway to insert a form in MS Word ver98, (scanning, etc.) so that I can pull it up on the screen, type the info in the appropriate field and then print it out onto the form itself?
If not is there an add on program that will enable me to do this?
I appreciate any help you can give me.
I've only been a member for a short time but I want to take this opportunity to say thanks!!! This is a great web site and it really is easy to understand which makes it stand heads and shoulders above the rest that I've looked into.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, July 18, 2001 - 06:24 pm:

Paulette:

I don't know of a way to do this directly with Word. The only program I have heard of that creates forms on the fly from input information is "hot docs." I have never used it, but people at my office use it, and it seems to work well.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jamie McArdle on Thursday, July 19, 2001 - 11:19 am:

Paulette

Scanning a form turns it into a picture file (gif, jpeg etc) which means you need a picture editor to make any alterations or add text. I don't know the program that Josh is talking about, but as far as I'm aware you can't do it in Word or any other word processor.

For a free professional editor, go to www.satoripaint.com. It might seem intimadating at first, but stick with it - it's not really difficult to use.

Cheers

Jamie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Paulette Davis on Saturday, July 21, 2001 - 01:31 pm:

Josh and Jamie, thanks for taking the time to answer my post. Appreciate your help with this.
Paulette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By tony bishop on Monday, December 10, 2001 - 06:11 pm:

I use Word 2000 and this is the only method I know
Go to INSERT>>FIELD>>FORM FIELDS you can then make up a form to suit yor requierments.
TeeBee

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By david oshea on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 04:13 am:

Dave
I goofed somehow and lost wordpad from my winxp home edition. cant figure out how to retrieve -help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 10:01 am:

Mine is lurking in All Programs > Accessories. If it doesn't show, it's either the menu item that is missing, or the program itself.

Mine lives here:
"C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe"
so use Windows Explorer to see if it's still there. If it isn't, you may have to re-install it from your Windows CD.

If it's there, you will have to add the shortcut. This is from Help:
You must be logged on as a computer administrator in order to complete this procedure.

Right-click the Start button, and then click Open All Users.
On the File menu, point to New, and then click Shortcut.
Follow the instructions in the Create Shortcut Wizard.

Let me know if it works!
Dianne Reuby
http://ww.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page