Closing virus protection when installing new software..

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Closing virus protection when installing new software..
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Peggy on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 09:22 am:

I am preparing to install DSL Internet Service. The instructions say to "ensure all virus protection and firewall utilities are disabled or closed" before I install the software. How do I do that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, September 18, 2001 - 11:35 am:

If you have virus protection installed, (should be a shield icon or a computer icon on the right-hand side of the taskbar by the clock), right-click and left-click on "disable".

However, this really doesn't matter.... leaving your virus software running in the background most likely will not cause any problem.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page