Windows 98 Microsoft Wordpad

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Windows 98 Microsoft Wordpad
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sheila Humphreys on Saturday, April 13, 2002 - 04:37 pm:

I use Wordpad to copy recipes that I save in a folder under My Documents. When I open Wordpad the page orientation is landscape and I have to change it to portrait. Is there any way to change the default so it opens in portrait instead?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 08:05 am:

Hmm... I'm using XP, but I believe all you have to do is click start/settings/printers.

Then, right-click your printer, and choose properties.

There will be tab that says "device settings" or something, perhaps even "page setup". Anyway, the default is set at landscape. Change it to portrait.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By SteveC on Thursday, May 16, 2002 - 06:58 pm:

Mine always starts in portrait and has since WordPad was introduced. I would suggest that when you first start WordPad you go to File/Page Setup and select portrait there, click OK, restart your computer and see if the change stayed, if not just do the same thing each time you start WordPad and it should stick until you restart the computer.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page