Red X Instead of picture

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Window with red x (no picture shown, won't open): Red X Instead of picture
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Edith on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 12:01 am:

I have a problem with certain web pages being able to see the picture. I get a box with a red x in it. I right click and click on show picture--nothing. My settings are set to show pictures. It doesn't happen with every page. Any suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 04:56 am:

Edith - in these cases, it could very well be that the author of the page has either made a mistake in calling the image for the page, or the image has been deleted from whatever server it was on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Saturday, July 06, 2002 - 09:00 pm:

Hi,

I am having this same problem since saving some BookMarklets to view the web to my favorties list.
I am using Win98SE and IE5. Didn't do anything except save them to my favorites list. Don't even know how to use the BookMarklets even if I wanted to but thought they would be cool to work with eventually. Yea right... Did I mess things up for myself because every site I visit on the web, the boxes appear with the red x where pictures should be. I click on them and nothing. Please guide me thru this if at all possible. thanks, longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 02:28 am:

Hi Longlashes,
2 things you can try, First in the internet explorer browser click on tools, next click on internet options, next click on the advanced tab scroll down to multimedia and see if there is a check mark in show pictures, if not put a check in the box and click apply.

The other thing you can try is to right click on the Red X and then click on show picture.

Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 02:44 am:

SOLVED...yes, the box was unticked in Internet Options/Advanced/Show Pictures. Don't know what caused this to happen but do know what to look for incase it happens again. Thank you very much...longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, July 07, 2002 - 03:48 am:

Longlashes,
Glad to here it worked. :-) Have fun

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page