Can Not Access any link shown in my email when clicking on it

TNC Discussion Board: Tips and Tricks: Can Not Access any link shown in my email when clicking on it
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Panchuk on Wednesday, June 12, 2002 - 12:48 pm:

I have Outlook Express and also use Hotmail and Yahoo. Any link or url shown in these email sections will not open when I click on them.

Mouse is not the problem have tried that, my originial mouse works best.

Have unistalled Outlook express and reinstalled, this does not correct the problem.

Any suggestions, help please I losing my mind.

Thanks, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, June 13, 2002 - 01:15 am:

Bill, What browser are you using? If Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6, go to Start/settings/control panel, find the add/remove folder, open it and scroll down to Microsoft Explorer, click on it once to highlight it, click on add/remove near the bottom of the window, you will get a little box with 3 options, put a dot in "Repair", then "OK", in the next box click on "Yes", IE will repair itself and ask you to restart your PC.
Your browser is what is used to connect to pages from a link, it is not OE that is at fault (even though OE is part of IE).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bill Panchuk on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 01:20 pm:

Hi Richard: Thanks for the above, it was very logical and I was elated, however I did as above and the problem remains the same. I have IE 6 and OE 6 As I understand it OE is a part of IE

In my add/remove menu I show "Microsoft Internet Explorer and tools" and also Outlook Express 6
When I did the repair nothing changed should I try to delete Outlook Express 6 from the menu.

Is there someway I can email you direct, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, June 14, 2002 - 05:40 pm:

Bill, I just sent you a message to your Hotmail account.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page