Moving the TaskBar

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Moving the TaskBar
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Stephanie on Sunday, September 08, 2002 - 08:47 pm:

My taskbar somehow jumped from the bottom of my screen to stand straight up at the right-hand side. No matter how I try to drag it back, it refuses to move. Please help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 06:42 pm:

Stephanie:

This is a fairly common problem. Easy to make it go crazy, very hard to get it working right again.

Follow these instructions to bring it back:

1. Click anywhere on the taskbar one time.
2. Press ctrl+space, then press 'm'.
3. Press the down arrow (you will see your mouse pointer moving down the taskbar) until it reaches the bottom of the screen.
4. Press the left arrow over until you see a clear line in a box shape at the bottom of the screen.
5. Press ENTER. Voila, start menu where it belongs again.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, September 09, 2002 - 06:43 pm:

MISTAKE in my previous instructions:

Don't press CTRL + Space, that does nothing. I mistyped. Instruction 2 should read:

2. Press ALT+space, then 'm'.

Sorry,

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page