Adding icons to Desktop

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Adding icons to Desktop
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Microsoft office taskbar  1   11/16 04:09am
The far right bottom corner of desktop  2   01/14 04:17am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, November 02, 2000 - 03:04 am:

A couple of days ago I downloaded your e-book but I guess I did it wrong -- it doesn't show up on my desktop. I have to go to My Computer, "C" Drive and click on the file. Can I move it to the desktop? I guess I put it under the wrong "Save Application". Should I delete it and start over?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tom on Friday, November 03, 2000 - 02:25 am:

You can delete it and start over, but it's easier just to open Explorer, and size it so your desktop shows a little behind it, then drag the ebook and drop it on the desktop using the right mouse button. When you release the button, choose the option to Move the file. It'll be moved to your desktop.

Fun stuff, eh?

Windows for Newbies teaches all of this and more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By philip kramer on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 12:12 pm:

I had a bunch of icons on my desktop, but I believe that I must have hit one of the keys on the keyboard and now I do not have any icons at all on the desktop.
All I have is the task bar on the bottom, I have to go into the windows explorer to the desktop and then I hit whatever I want.
Is there a way I can get back the icons that I had on the desktop before without going to each one and reinsert them back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, January 26, 2001 - 02:00 pm:

Phillip:

I am not sure what happened on that. If every icon is gone, including my computer and recycle bin, something is messed up. I don't think there is any type of key that can do something like that.

My advice is run system information and find out if any files are messed up. (start/run msinfo32)
Run system file checker from the tools menu and see what happens.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joan Newton on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 05:59 pm:

Hi Folks,

Can someone tell me how to get those neat little smiley emoticons I receive in some e-mails. Thank you. This is a great site. Joan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 09:54 pm:

Hey Joan.... are you using AOL?

If so, they may automatically insert the pictures where people use text. For example, When I type Colon, hyphen, close parenthesis here, it turns into a smile picture: :-)

Is that what you mean?

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 11, 2001 - 09:54 pm:

Hahaha...would have been better if I made the right type of smile!

Type Colon, close parenthesis, that creates a smile: :)

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Eldaree on Saturday, December 08, 2001 - 04:20 pm:

I am having problems with my desktop. Recently something has happened to my desktop Icons. Every time I move my mouse and the arrow moves across the desktop my Icons start shimmering and change places on my desktop. Half the time I can't chase down the Icon I want to click on because of this. Can anyone tell me what has happened and how I can fix this problem?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jetty on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 03:21 am:

A friend of mine upgraded to Windows ME from Win98. Somewhere along the way she lost the "show desktop" icon that was next to her Start button. Does anyone know how to get that back for her? Thanks a lot.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 07:43 am:

Jetty,

Does she have more than 4 or 5 icons on the task bar next to the start button? If so, there will be a >> on the right of the last icon, click on that and it will show any hidden icons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, August 17, 2002 - 11:24 pm:

could someone please tell me how to make a shortcut icon on my desktop for Yahoo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, August 19, 2002 - 09:11 pm:

Go to www.yahoo.com.

If internet explorer is maximized (fills the entire screen), restore it by clicking the middle button in the top right corner. Can you now see a part of your desktop? (If not, click in the corner of IE, and drag towards the middle of the screen to make it smaller.)

In the address bar (where you typed in yahoo.com), click on the small blue 'e' that is on the peice of paper. Click and drag it down to the part of the desktop you can see. Let go of the mouse button, and it will create the short cut. You can now make Internet explorer maximized again by clicking the middle button on the right.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Roseyb on Sunday, November 02, 2003 - 12:35 pm:

I got some neat "bingo icons" and they are sitting in my email at the moment because I dont know how to get them onto my task bar for quick opening,thats where my friend has them but she cant remember how she did it now.
Email answers welcome please...ty

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By elaine gregersen on Monday, October 11, 2004 - 10:41 pm:

somehow I lost the icon for the volumn control. I went to the proper place and checked where it seys show icon but it won't show its face. can anyone tell me how do I get this icon home where it belongs.
elaine

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page