Desktop Icons won't open!

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Desktop Icons won't open!
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By boppy on Friday, November 22, 2002 - 09:27 pm:

Hi!

I am asking about my friends' computer.I don't know the Computer Specs.I do know she has Windows95..I think 128 Ram. The Icons on the Desktop,in the Control Panel,and the Start Up Menu does not open up even after trying one click. I then tried 2 clicks.The Start Button worked,but Icons don't open. I ran the Scandisk,Defraged,also deleted Temp Files, and rebooted several times.

I went to File Menu. That didn't help either.It is like they are frozen. I use the ISP Icon in the Task Bar to get on the Internet. The Task Bar works fine.Once I am on the Internet.. everything pretty much runs ok, except for the problem described.

I am a novice computer operator, but do know a few things..but could anyone please enlighten me as to what may be the problem and how to correct it.. Thanks!

boppy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, November 27, 2002 - 10:11 am:

Sounds like a Windows problem - trouble is, MS are no longer supporting Win95 (they're about to stop support for Win98, too!) so you may not get much on the support database.
http://support.microsoft.com

If you have the disks or CD, re-installing may cure this, but make sure you back everything up first!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page