THE ~ FILE

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: THE ~ FILE
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Active Desktop  2   08/03 08:44pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By elayne brown on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 01:03 am:

In the past few weeks, I get this ~file on my desktop. To open it, I suppose to go the internet to find what program created it. I don't, I just delete it. When I checked out the
properties, it says created that day. There aren't any extensions or anything. I have asked several people about it and they said that they have gotten it also, but they just delete it and they don't what it is either. Can someone help? Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Tuesday, September 23, 2003 - 09:44 am:

I have had this, also. If my memory serves me correctly, it is a side-effect of some particular Windows Updates, and has in fact reoccurred.

It is not evil, and generally goes away when the shortcut is deleted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By laurapet on Saturday, September 27, 2003 - 03:48 am:

if you open that file in note pad you will see jibberish but read between the lines of the jibberish and youll see that it is your address book in there some where,,,, i got it too and i dont know how or why,

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page