Desktop

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Desktop
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, October 06, 2003 - 02:50 pm:

Hi, computer had a virus and am using my sons free isp on desktop until I can get my own. I had free netzero and if I open It is not on my desktop anymore. I downloaded netzero platinum and thought I followed directions, but I do not have the desktop icon and opened find and it was not installed. This a fee isp and how can I get it up and running and remove my sons desktop isp? I run windows 98.(I saved it and run it from current location, is this right? HELP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Thursday, October 09, 2003 - 05:32 pm:

Actually, you should have selected "open" the file, rather than "save", as this would have allowed it to download and install.

If you have found the folder, you can open the folder and look for the Icon with just the pgm name under it (usually a logo icon), double left click that, and it will probably install itself.

What might be easier is to delete that folder, go back to the site and download again, this time opening and installing it right then.

Let us know how you are progressing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, October 11, 2003 - 01:47 am:

Thanks, I found the folder and did everything over.-knew right away I clicked the wrong box

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By greencgk on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 02:59 pm:

My pc is up and running again, however, when I open hotmail, there is a window saying it is secure and when I click ok, another window appears and says leaving a secure site. Always open who I know only., but wonder if someone else is seeing what I send? Run windows 98.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Monday, October 13, 2003 - 04:13 pm:

You are getting those messages because of your own security settings, and that is good. I keep my settings this way so that I have a second thought before I go to unsecured areas(when we are busy, we sometimes forget these things).

Hotmail is not more or less secure than it ever was. It is nor more or less secure than most other email options. The only way to improve the security is encryption, but most folks don't play that, so you probably can't, either.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page