HOW DO I GET MY DESKTOP BACK FROM AOL

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: HOW DO I GET MY DESKTOP BACK FROM AOL
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By sandi on Monday, November 03, 2003 - 10:54 am:

Hi and thanks for your time. I have had not desktop on my computer from aol. I have done everything the techys have told me to do, and no one can seem to help me. I have turned on my themes, redownloaded viewpoint, ( which does not install all the way for some reason) i have redownloaded aol 8.0 and nothing seems to bring my desktop back. I have changed my fonts and graphics, i have cleared my cache, art and otherwise. nothing seems to help. any suggestions??? any help would be appreciated. thanks sandi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jgvernonco on Tuesday, November 04, 2003 - 06:16 am:

Sandi, AOL is a technical nightmare. When one downloads their software, it goes everywhere in the system. I don't even know where to tell you to start. I did my infamous Google hyper-search, but found nothing.

Ask AOL to send you a disk. Once you have the disk, uninstall AOL via Add/Remove Programs, check your program files for any leftover folders, and if found, delete.

Reinstall AOL.

This is all that I can think of.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page