Icons - non-desktop type

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Icons - non-desktop type
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, November 18, 2000 - 08:35 am:

I'm tired of opening 'my computer' > main drive > and seeing the same old 'folders' > for everything! Is there a way to change the folder icon? Some kind off 'visual aide' for my all the time entering ones?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy K. on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 06:21 pm:

Hi Anonymous...........
Found this site quite by accident..
......debidawn.com.......try it out ....may help you out on deciding what kind of icons you wanna use/change on you desktop.....I have fun changing mine every week.Now..mind you about this...some of the desktop icons can bechanged..some cannot....but those thay can be changed....have fun with them..Aloha..B:)..Sandy K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Sandy K. on Saturday, December 30, 2000 - 06:25 pm:

P.S...Anonymous.....
These are fun icons....so have fun with them..
Aloha again..Sandy K

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 06:00 am:

Am trying to re-position my desktop icons by dragging them to a new position, but alas, they bounce back to their original position
Do appreciate any help on this matter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 06:05 am:

How can I alphabetize my 'favorites' columns?
my operating system is windows 'me' with internet explorer 5.5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 09:37 am:

Anonymous,
Right click the icon you want to move and hold down the button while dragging the icon, when you get it where you want let go of the button and select move here.

Note - there are a few icons that will still jump back, drag those with your left mouse and they should stay put.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 09:42 am:

Anonymous,
Open your favorites, right click on one of your favorite url shortcuts when you let go of the mouse button select Sort by Name.
That should do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 02:47 pm:

I've never tried the right-click move to get the icons to move. What I have done is turn off auto-arrange.

Just right click anywhere on your desktop, Hover over "arrange icons". A new menu will open. See at the bottom where it has a check mark by "auto-arrange"? Left-click on auto-arrange and it will uncheck it. Then drag your icons freely about the desktop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gaye M. on Tuesday, February 12, 2002 - 10:34 pm:

Or you can right click on the desk top and click "Arrange icons" and arrange them by name, size, etc. This allows you to move them around on the desktop, whereas "auto arrange" seems to want to pop them back into a line on one side of the desktop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By jsdoczy on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 09:04 pm:

I have "NOTEPAD" icon on theMicrosoft page. I would like to have it also come up on the listing after Start-Programs-Accessability. How do I do this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By David S. on Sunday, June 23, 2002 - 02:24 am:

Regarding the message by Anonymous on February 8 at 12:42 pm, Sort By Name is not on my menu but I know it used to be. How could I have lost it and how do I get it back? I'm using IE 5.5.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, October 16, 2002 - 04:29 pm:

I need help. My icons in the lower left corner of my screen are scrambled. So are the icons in many programs such as internet explorer and paint shop pro. How do I fix this? I have done system restore and it didnt help. My icons in the system tray are normal.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dodq9b4@altavista.com on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 08:58 pm:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page