Moving Icons to where you want them (help)

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Moving Icons to where you want them (help)
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lamont on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 07:14 am:

I need a little help. There is probably a little simple solution but I sure as hell can't find it. Been through all the help situations at Dell and I have to praise them they are most helpful in every aspect but this. I found Dell to be one of the most informative sites but could not find the solution

My problem is I can't move my icons to where I want to place them The computer that is in question here is a Dell GX110.
No matter what I try to do when I move the icon to where I want it, it goes to wherever it feels like going sort of like musical
I like to have my desktop icons in places so as to be able to access them in an easy most used arrangement. I've done the move here ETC and anything else that I could find. Even tried to move icon by icon, placing them where I would like them but can't even move them to anyplace else on the screen they always remain on the left lhs of the monitor. (HELP!!)
What am I doing wrong ?
How can I solve this frustrating situation ?
Lamont

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 09:54 am:

If you right-click an empty space on your desctop, and choose "Arrange icons by .." you can then choose the icon order (name, date, etc). If you click Auto-arrange as well, it will sort your icons whenever you add or remove something.

If you uncheck auto arrange, it should leave your icons wherever you have dragged them to.

Dianne Reuby
http://ww.swindonvirtualoffice.co.uk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lamont on Monday, March 29, 2004 - 11:43 am:

Hi Dianne. Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried all the suggestions but if I try to move any Icons to any locations they just rearrange themselves in any order. Cannot move an individual icon to any given location. I can arrange by window EG date name size etc but if I want to move one only to another location it will not allow this without rearranging the rest. Never had this problem with any other computer only with this Dell GX110

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page