Desktop Screen Everything is Upside Down! Help

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: LAPTOP SCREEN-EVERYTHING UPSIDE DOWN!!!!HELP: Desktop Screen Everything is Upside Down! Help
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Enestle Zimba on Monday, August 16, 2004 - 04:43 pm:

My new computer (a Mecer 40 gig, 128 ram) uses windows XP home edition. But I have a problem.

My son was playing a game off a CD (probably pirated) while I was away. He claims suddenly the desktop just flipped.

When I came back home I started my computer. I found the whole screen was upside down. The taskbar is on top and all the icons are inverted, all the writings are upside down. When you click the start (and it is also up side down) the window of course drops down, I mean, it pops up "in reverse." Even the applications (I opened Microsoft Word) have their menu at the bottom and the taskbar is on top. Everything is upside down! I have never seen anything like it.

In short itís as if I have turned my screen up side down.

How can I correct this situation? Please help.

Enestle

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:28 pm:

You could try the Restore - which will take your system back to a previous restore point (Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore). Look for a restore point dated before the problem occured.

Sounds like something you could sell to MS as a system enhancement :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Vic on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 04:10 pm:

Hi Enestle,

Check your monitor manual for settings if the restore doesn't work.

Vic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 05:28 pm:

Hi Dreuby and Vic

This is nearly a year since I posted this problem. But thanks for your response. The trouble is I lost this forum and only found it today when I was searching for the number of time my name appears on the web...aagh

Since then I had the problem sorted out by a techie near home. Didn't even spend more than a couple of minutes. I had just stepped out to the "guestroom" you know, the little room in the house and the techie had already solved it, literally put me out of my misery

Enestle
Do You Know Waht is Africa's Best Kept Secret?
http://www.zambia-the-african-safari.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page