Proceedure

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Proceedure
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
I just found this site today !  1   10/26 08:54pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 06:21 pm:

What is the proceedure to add the SMILEY faces to your messages? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 07:31 pm:

Hi

Use your keyboard to create these "emoticons" - some message boards just display them as you've typed them, others change then into little icons, it depends on the message board.

A smiley is created by typing : followed by ) - :)
A grin is : followed by D - :D
A sad face is : follwed by ( - :(
Now I'll see if they've worked! There are lots of others that you'll see used.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 02:28 am:

I am aware of those but how do you get them right side up & with colors in them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 08:18 am:

Click on "Formating" under "Documentation" on the left side of this page, scroll down until you find "Images, Attachments and Clipart" then on "Index". It shows you the code to use for each one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 05:49 pm:

Thank you thought it might be something of the sort but being the "newbie" that I am am sometimes afraid to take chances!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 03:35 am:

Richard
Can't seem to get them to work. Where am I going wrong? I'm new to all of this. Please help from step one. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 03:39 am:

Richard
Can't seem to get them to work. Where am I going wrong? I'm new to all of this. Please help from step one.
Can they be used anywhere?
Thanks for your assistance. I'm still learning!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 08:03 am:

Anon,
Did you get to the index page where it gives you the code for each .gif? If you clicked on "formatting" on the left side of this page, then scrolled a little over half way down the page to "Images, attachments and Clipart" and clicked on that it will take you to that page, look for "clipart" and to the right of that, click on the hot link of "index". That will show you what is available to be used on here. Make sure when you type in the code that you use the \ not the / the right one is just above the "enter" key on your keyboard. Then for the "brackets", make sure you use { not [ ] or ( ). The correct ones are "Shift" then the bracket key next to the \ key.
I don't think this code works anywhere except here, but am not sure about that. Hope this helps. As you can see, you can also use colors and several other things.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 02:54 pm:

Thank you, Richard, I was afraid of that. I had tried to use the icons in my e-mails. No wonder it didn't work! Live & learn!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 11:33 pm:

Anon,
If you want to use icons (.gifs)in your e-mail, create a new folder (I put mine on my desktop), name it gifs or whatever you want. When you find an icon you want, right click on it, then on "save picture as", you will get a "save as" window, click on the "save location" down arrow and find the folder you just created, click on it, then click on the save button. Then when you want to attach it to an e-mail, put your cursor where you want it to be and if using OE, click on "Insert", then "picture", then browse and find your folder and file, then "open" and it will put the icon you have chosen in your e-mail. A word of caution, some mail programs won't recognize .gif's, so some of your mail recipients might not be able to see them. Also, the only mail program I am familiar with is Outlook Express, so some might attach a .gif in a different manner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By lmesxt3@hotmail.com on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 03:50 am:

Authentication Error

Your username/password combination was invalid, or you do not have permission to post to this topic. You may revise your username and password using the form at the bottom of this page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page