Adding icons to the quick launch taskbar

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Adding icons to the quick launch taskbar
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brad Willard on Monday, January 08, 2001 - 03:16 pm:

How can I find the "desktop" icon and put it on the quick launch taskbar ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, January 08, 2001 - 04:49 pm:

RE:Desktop Icon in Quick launch;

First, right click on the 'quick launch' bar, in a place where there are no icons.

In the popup menu select and click 'Open'.

From the 'file' menu select 'new' then select 'short cut'.

In the next window you'll have to browse for the show desktop icon, when you find it 'select' it and click 'next' follow the instructions.

HTH

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Brad W. on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 01:55 pm:

RE:Desktop icon in quick launch;
Thank you Catchup.I followed your instructions
but I could'nt find the "show desktop" icon anywhere.Can you help me find it?
PS. I have Windows ME.
Thanks Brad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 03:52 pm:

RE:Desktop icon in quick launch;

You can find the icon in question in the Windows, System folder. When you open your quick launch window and click "Add new short cut, in the type of file select "All file types", with the little drop down arrow there.

This should do the trick...

Catchup

Wayne's Worlds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ron Outlaw on Tuesday, March 27, 2001 - 02:16 am:

I've seem to have lost the bell icon in the launch taskbar tay.The one that allows you to set the mute on/off from the mic,speakers etc.How do I retrieve it?
Thanks,
Ron

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 - 12:54 am:

Ron:

Click start/settings/control panel.

Double-click the Multimedia Icon.

Look at the bottom of the window that opens. There is a check box for displaying the volume control on the taskbar. Check it, and it will reappear.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Ron Outlaw on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 04:35 pm:

Thanks Josh,you have been very helpful

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mitzi on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 02:22 am:

Thanks, Tom, for helping me put the Forum icon on my desktop. Yippee!
Mitzi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Mitzi on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 06:41 pm:

In order to add the Newbie Forum icon to my desktop (I love it!), I had to reduce the size of Forum by clicking the middle ("Restore") button at upper right. (I couldn't figure out any other way to drag the icon to my desktop since no part of the desktop was showing.)

Now a new problem arose. Every time I open the browser, it opens in the reduced size. How do I get it to open in full size as before?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 07:44 pm:

Does anyone know if it is possible to make the icons on the quick launch taskbar and the system tray (by the clock) larger? If so, please advise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 05:01 am:

Good question... I can't figure out a way to do this. I don't think there is. I know you can resize the taskbar and resize the text in the clock, but, I don't think you can alter the size of the icons themselves without just adjusting monitor resolution.

=/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Thursday, April 18, 2002 - 11:26 pm:

Josh,

I finally figured out how to enlarge the icons in the quick launch area on the task bar --- Right click on an empty portion, then on view/large icons. Works fine in the quick launch but not in the system tray. Of course this also doubles the size of the task bar which then covers up more of your screen, but if you are half blind anyway, that is a small price to pay. ;o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, April 19, 2002 - 06:38 pm:

hahahaha. Ok, well, thanks for the tip Richard.
I know at home I have my resolution set rediculously high, and I just squint to see anything. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joanne on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 04:33 am:

How do I get my Quick Launch bar back to the left of the screen? I added two icons to it and it scooted over to the right side. I can float it, but not put it back where it was??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, July 21, 2002 - 05:29 pm:

Joanne,
Try this, put your mouse pointer on the small bar on the left side of your Quick Launch toolbar it will turn to a double arrow, left click and hold down the mouse button and drag the bar over top of the small bar next to you start button and release the mouse button. The Quick Launch toolbar should move back where it was before.

Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joanne on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 02:53 am:

Anonymous,
I tried your suggestion, but couldn't make it work. I get the bar almost back then it will go no farther. Thank you so much for your suggestion. Maybe I just have a stubborn tool bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, July 22, 2002 - 04:12 am:

Joanne,
One other thing you can try, right click on a blank space on your toolbar on the popup menu move the mouse over toolbars on the popout uncheck Quick Launch. Your Quick Launch toolbar will disappear, now right click your toolbar again and go back and click Quick Launch and it will be back then try to move it back to the left side again.
I tried it on my PC and it worked.

Hope this works for you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Joanne on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 04:36 am:

Anonymous,
It worked. Thank you so much for your help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, July 23, 2002 - 05:22 am:

Joanne,
you're welcome, glad I could help.
Have fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Earle on Friday, September 06, 2002 - 11:33 pm:

MAKE THE TASKBAR DROP UNDER WINDOWS IF YOU NEED MORE ROOM FOR AN ENLARGED TASKBAR.

CLICK START
CLICK PROPERTIES
CLICK TASKBAR
UNCHECK KEEP TASKBAR ON TOP
CHERCK AUTO HIDE TASKBAR
CLOSE

NOW WHEN YOU WANT IT, DROP ARROW UNDER WINDOW AND IT POPS BACK UP.

LOOKING TO INCREASE TEXT SIZE FOR READING OR WRITING, GIVE ME A HOLLER.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jim on Friday, September 13, 2002 - 11:29 pm:

Earle, thanks for tip on the taskbar. I'm giving you a holler - how do you increase text size? Thanks. Jim

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page