Unwanted Icons.

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Unwanted Icons.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Msndc.exe icon??  1   04/12 07:28pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 05:34 am:

Recently I installed IE 5.5 from a cd to hard drive. Now when I double click the IE 5.5 folder to run it, I get so many icons on the screen and nothing happens. Why is that? Any help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 06:59 am:

Anonymous,
It sounds like Internet Explorer is already setup.

Did you look on your start programs list to see if you have a icon for Internet Explorer, if so you can drag it to the desktop and create a shortcut.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 04:36 pm:

You shouldn't click the IE folder to run it, just click the blue 'e' on the desktop.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 07:35 pm:

Thank you both, I think I was using an old version of IE. Now that I have installed this new version, does it replace the old one or what? how do I know which version I am using?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, March 29, 2001 - 08:20 pm:

When you bring up IE click on Help then click About Internet Explorer it will tell you which version you are using.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 05:55 pm:

Thank you. What happend to the older IE version that I was using before?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, March 30, 2001 - 07:40 pm:

It is gone. Upgraded.... you can't access it anymore because it's files were overwritten with the new IE.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, March 31, 2001 - 08:01 am:

I got it. Thank you very much.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Steve. on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 12:44 pm:

Hi,
I have got disk detector and the modem icons on the system tray. Their functions? do I get rid of them? how? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Friday, May 18, 2001 - 06:41 pm:

Steve,

I am not sure what disk detector is... perhaps it is part of Norton System Works? Or is this the icon for Adaptec CD-R/RW's? (just a couple guesses)

The modem icon will be there whenever you are connected to the internet.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By starbyrd on Wednesday, March 24, 2004 - 07:22 pm:

Hi Steve and everybody,
You do want the modem icon, it shows that you are still connected. When the modem leaves you are disconnected.

I think that disk/disc detector looks for additional floppy drives and removable stuff like a zip-drive.

Bye

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page