Desktop wallpaper.

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Desktop wallpaper.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 04:53 pm:

I have saved a few wallpapers off the net. to my pc. Now when I double click a wallpaper(file) I get this message: windows can not find netscape6.exe, this program is needed for openning files of type "mozilla jpeg image file". I don't have netscape6 installed. What does this message mean? Thanx.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 06:13 pm:

Anon:

Evidently, NS6 was on your computer at one time, because it took over the associations for your images.

Here is how to fix that problem.

Left-click Once on the image you want to open. Next, Press and hold SHIFT key while right-clicking on the image. When the menu opens, release the shift key, and left-click on the choice "open with..."

A window will open with a list of programs. Scroll in the list to find your image software. Don't have any software? Then select Micro$oft Internet Explorer to open it.

Next, put a check-mark in the box that says "use this program for opening files of this type in the future." (Or something similar to that.

Click the OK button. This will open the image with your image software or with internet explorer. In the future, just double-click on the images, and they should open automatically with the program you have chosen.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, May 10, 2001 - 06:43 pm:

Thank you very much Josh.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Saturday, May 12, 2001 - 01:07 pm:

Another question Josh: how can I save more than 1 image I downloaded off the net. in the display properties list. At moment I can save only one image and if I want to save another image, the previous image will be replaced. How can I save multiple images? Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Sunday, May 13, 2001 - 05:14 am:

Anon:

The trick is saving the images to disk instead of hitting the "set as wallpaper" button.

When you right-click on an image you want for background use, choose "save picture as". Then, choose a location that you will save your background images in (like my documents). Save the picture.

When you are ready to change wallpapers, open your my documents folder, double-click an image, then right-click on it and choose "set as wallpaper". This way, you will still have all of your wallpaper images in your my documents folder, and you can pick, choose, and change the background any time you want.

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, May 13, 2001 - 10:39 am:

O.K Josh that's fine, but how to keep a group of images in the display properties background list without loosing any? Thank you again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, May 14, 2001 - 03:18 am:

Ok,

This is a little more complicated, but not by much.

Right-click on your desktop and left-click on properties. To the right of your list of backgrounds, there is a BROWSE button.

Click that and browse to your my documents folder. Then, select the image you want to view, then click OK.

The image will now be in your list. Select it and hit APPLY/OK. Now you are done. You can browse and add as many images as you want.

Change your background often? You might want to look into a wallpaper changer:

http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-1461976-101-2754666.html

Josh

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 01:58 pm:

Josh: I had a picture on my desktop for some time and decided to change it. I downloaded a picture from the internet and put it on my desktop, but now every time that I start up my computer and every time that I shut it down, the old picture comes on for s short time in both the startup and shutdown processes. What did I do wrong that caused this and how can I fix it? Thanks very much.
I sure like this forum. I have had many questions answered by reading the different catergories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 12:04 pm:

Anonymous:
Did you ever find the answer to your question? I'm having the same problem and can't find an answer to it. Can you share with me what you found out?
Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Thursday, August 22, 2002 - 06:20 pm:

Anon:

I think the reason is that the wallpaper was set on the default user account before logging in (Sounds confusing, doesn't it?).

Here is how to fix it:

Click start/log off. Click Yes to confirm.
You will get a screen with a logon window. Click the "cancel" button.

You should now have a desktop with the background that you see for a few seconds each time when starting/shutting down windows.

Right-click on the desktop, click properties. Change the background to what you want, then log off again.

When the log-on window reappears, hit "OK" to logon (enter a password if you use one).

Now, you won't be seeing that background anymore.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page