Url's

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Resource Meter: Url's
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Delores on Sunday, June 24, 2001 - 07:47 pm:

Could someone please tell me how to delete all the addresses in I.E.5 address bar that pops up when I type in an address. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Sunday, June 24, 2001 - 10:33 pm:

Delores:

This is an annoying feature of internet explorer, and there is no direct way to clear it.

The one solution I am aware of is TweakUI. You can get it from http://www.download.com (just search for TweakUI to get the direct link.

Once installed, run it by double-clicking the icon in the control panel. Click on the Paranoia tab, and in there you will find the solution you are looking for.

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 04:13 am:

Hi Delores:

On the I.E.5 Toolbar, click Tools, next click Internet Options.

Click on the Content Tab, Click the AutoComplete button, next uncheck Web Addresses.

To clear web address entries, on the general tab click Clear History.

That should take care of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, June 25, 2001 - 02:05 pm:

Wow,

Anon, thank you. I was unaware of that ability. Is that specific to 5.5, or is it in previous versions of IE also? Good job.

Josh Lowe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, June 26, 2001 - 02:08 pm:

Josh,
Sorry I can't answer your question. I've only been using IE 5.5 for a few months and not too sure about previous versions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 12:24 pm:

Josh,
I thougt you are only answering questions, not asking them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 02:29 pm:

Hahaha...

Believe me, friend, I do not and never have claimed to have all the answers. I prove myself ignorant time and time again here.

True, most of the time I can answer questions, but ever now and then I learn a good bit too.

:)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Wednesday, June 27, 2001 - 02:36 pm:

Notice in the previous post how I proved that I cannot spell. Where I said "ever", I meant to type "every".

Josh

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page