Customizing windows 98.

TNC Discussion Board: Desktop icons: Customizing windows 98.
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By carol on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 05:20 am:

Since I had so much trouble when I msconfig., I am very leery to do anything that will goof me up. I want to change the color of taskbar, menu bar, and desktop icons. Changed them before and forgot how since my computer was down. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 07:25 am:

Hi Carol,
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, right click on a blank space on your desktop, on the screen that pops up click on the appearance tab you can change your settings there.

Hope this helps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, May 28, 2002 - 07:49 am:

Carol,
Thats close, but no cigar!!! After you right click on an empty spot on your desktop, you have to then click on "properties" to get the window with the "Appearance" tab.

Another way to get there is Start/Settings/Control Panel/Display. That will open the same window with the appearance tab. Once that is open, click on "Item" where you can select whatever you want to change.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page