Where did my CD info go?

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Where did my CD info go?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Denise on Sunday, November 05, 2000 - 07:20 pm:

i have been putting all my data and precious pictures onto a readable cd. it has been playing just fine. now, i put it in the drive and the drive says the cd is blank. i put other cds into the drive and they read fine. the cd has been in the box in a safe place. now all my info is gone. i have tried a disc cleaner and it still does not read. what did i do? can i get my info back? this disc was loaded! i thought i was smart not to keep my good stuff on the hard drive incase of a crash, now i am wondering what to do! help, please! lost lots of pictures from my fiance' over seas, and dont want him to spend hours scanning for me again. thanks a lot!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By CAtchup on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 06:59 am:

Denise;
Are you sure you are looking at the right disk?
Are you sure you haven't reformatted the disk in question?

If you labled the disk and your machine is telling you it is blank and you are sure it is the correct disk, right click on it in Windows explorer and select properties from the pop up menu and see how much free space is on the disk.
If it says it is empty through this procedure then, it sounds like somehow the disk got erased.

Is this a "Re Recordable" disk, or is it a one time rightable disk?

Catchup

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page