Where Have All The Jpegs Gone-Long Time Passing

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Files: Where Have All The Jpegs Gone-Long Time Passing
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 01:40 am:

Hi,

I am using Win98SE, IE5.5.
I used to be able to do a search/find for my *.jpeg files on my C Drive. I have many pictures stored in a folder named"My Photos" under "My Documents" folder in Windows Explorer but the search tells me there are none! What went wrong? Thanks for the help...longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 12:32 pm:

Have you searched for *.jpg - this is the default file extension for jpeg files, so Windows or your editing software may have renamed them to that without you noticing.

Also check that te search is set to search subdirectories - it may not be searching the whole drive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By longlashes on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 08:21 am:

dreuby! Upon finding my *.jps again, thanks to you, I notice that my *.jpg files all have an unusual icon next to them. Another program has associated my .jpgs with their icon, all 931 of them. My photo files that I took with my digital camera are listed there too with the unusual icon but they do open in the program I want them too even though their icons are differnet. Now how does it do that?
Thank you so much, longlashes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 12:57 pm:

Most programmers nowadays set their software to ask before doing this - a few are bad-mannered (or big-headed!) enough to assume that you'll always want to use their software for your graphics, and put something in the program that automatically changes the Windows file association to point at their software.

Change it back to the program you prefer by selecting one of the files, hold shift and right-click, and choose Open With. You can then choose the program you want those files to be opened in.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page