I can't open files on desktop either, nor can I open Settings on my Start Menu

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: I can't open files on desktop with clicking on them: I can't open files on desktop either, nor can I open Settings on my Start Menu
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Thursday, June 05, 2003 - 05:00 am:

I have Windows ME OS. I cannot open files on desktop or get into Settings on the Start Menu. When I try to access any of these folders I get the message "Explorer has caused an error in Kernell 32.dll" then Explorer will not operate correctly or freezes. If I do not try to access these folders, Explorer seems to run smoothly. I don't know if this is associated but my scan disk, defrag. & System Restore are not working. Please help! I have searched & can't seem to find an answer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Jacqueline on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 - 09:43 pm:

I have Windows 98 and I'm having the same problem. I can't open my desktop files, or my Control Panel or Windows Explorer. I also get the Internet Explorer error message. This is really frustrating!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, June 25, 2003 - 12:36 pm:

I'd check out the support site at http://support.microsoft.com

Search the knowledge base, to see if the problem has already appeared and been listed.

You can search by operating system if you prefer.

There's loads of stuff on the site - it's a case of finding the bit you want!

Dianne

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page