Avg(free virus scanner)

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Uh..Oh..We've Got A Moron Here: Avg(free virus scanner)
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, December 31, 2003 - 01:00 am:

Oh, Oh,downloaded it and saved it on c drive. Lost it and under find it came up[now what? supposed to run it for set up, Last time I did this, no problem, now.......HELP- windows 98

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 03:33 pm:

Once you've used "Find" to locate it, take a look at the path name, for example "C:\downloads"

Then you can use Windows Explorer (Use the Windows Key + E to load it) to navigate to that place on your hard drive so you can run the setup.

You could also double-click the entry on the Find results - that should run the program for you, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 01:02 am:

This is in answer to dreuby about AVG download. I downloaded it again, and it came up on C drive, but a message window followed- zip file is damaged, truncated or has been changed since created. If you downloaded this file, try downloading again. This is greek to me.- What happens to the space the 2 downloads took, can I only use space for one download? Why is this happening?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Friday, January 09, 2004 - 02:27 pm:

If you just re-downloaded, your PC should still have the same settings, so should try to download to the same place. So you should get an error message along the lines of "Thsi file already exists, do you want to replace it?"

If you're re-downloading to get a good copy of the file, choose "Yes" to overwrite the old copy. You could delete your old copies first if you want to - then you won't get that error message, and you'll be sure the file is the one you've just downloaded.

Files can sometimes be corrupted during download, bits get lost or not read or written properly. I'm amazed it doesn't happen more often, when I think of all those files being sent round the internet and re-assembled on my hard drive!

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page