Need to delete a file that is in use

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Need to delete a file that is in use
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Bruce Chapman on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 04:20 pm:

My Antivirus has found a virus which is a "Trojen Horse" "startpage.da" It will not quarentine nor delete the file. The problem file is msconfd.dll which is in the system32 folder. It will not delete due to being in use. I have tried from safe mode to do as well but still a problem. Im using Windoes XP Pro.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By dreuby on Wednesday, January 14, 2004 - 07:18 pm:

Do you use Da Vinci email program? The only things I can find on the MS support site for the startpage.da file relate to Da Vinci email, and I don't think that runs on XP (I may be wrong!)

Which antivirus program do you use? I can't find any trace of startpage.da at my antivirus support page.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page