How do I get the "preview" pictures to work in my folders for .jpeg files?

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: How do I get the "preview" pictures to work in my folders for .jpeg files?
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Pictures  2   04/07 11:16am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Liz McKay on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 06:10 pm:

I use a lot of .jpeg images on my computer. Within the folders I used to be able to click once on a jpeg image and see a small view of the image on the bottom left side of the screen. I no longer see these small images and now must open the file in a program to view the contents which is very inconvenient for my purposes. Can you tell me how to turn the preview images back on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Friday, December 08, 2000 - 10:09 am:

Liz,

I store ,jpg images in "My Pictures", you can click on "View" and a menu will open where you can choose "thumbnail". If you store them in other folders that you have created, you can click on "view" and select "as web page", that will give you the small image that you had before when you click once on the file.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Liz McKay on Sunday, December 10, 2000 - 11:55 pm:

Richard,

What is plan B? I use hundreds of photos in my work for our web page. They are in a number of different files with As Web Page checked when you open view. The BMP images will open with the preview photo, but the jpeg images will not.

Thanks for your help. This one has me stumped.

Liz

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Monday, December 11, 2000 - 03:58 am:

Liz,

You got me, it works for me and don't have any idea why it doesn't work for you. I am using W98SE, with IE5.01, maybe that is the difference. I am sure someone on here will be able to come up with the answer. Sorry I can't help you further, but I don't have the answers. I have a digital camera and sometimes if I save a picture direct from the camera software without renaming it (Hewlett Packard) to My Pictures with just the camera picture number, i.e. 12100001.jpg, it just gives me a litle square instead of the thumbnail. Don't know why that happens either.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Gary on Saturday, February 03, 2001 - 10:07 pm:

Liz/Richard,

Yeah... I have the same problem, no thumbnails of jpegs or gifs. Also no previews in directories other than 'My Pictures'. I'm using Windows ME, IE 5.5... ummmm...

Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Josh Lowe on Monday, February 05, 2001 - 11:14 pm:

Gary:

I am using ME, IE 5.5... here is how to get thumbnails in directories other than My Pictures:

Start Windows Explorer and surf to the directory you want pictures displayed in. Right click in the folder, go to view, then "as thumbnails".

This should create thumbnails for the pictures.

Hope that helps,

Josh Lowe
http://www.dyno-mite.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Richard on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 02:23 am:

Gary,

I just went and made several of my .gif and .jpg folders show previews. I went to "view" and clicked on "as web page". I am using IE5.01 w/98SE. This works for me with no problems. I also use "active desktop", could this be the difference? The folders for my .gifs and some of my .jpgs are in folders on my desktop.

Richard

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Lisa Williams on Sunday, November 18, 2001 - 07:04 am:

I have quite a different problem with saving pics. I prefer jpeg and gifs to .bmp, however, ever since I "upgraded" to IE 6, I seem to only be able to save pics as .bmp. I rightclick, Save as, and the drop down will only display and let me select .bmp. Can anyone help?

Lisa

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Linda on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 07:32 pm:

Somehow my files in Documents have a thn format associated with them. Is it possible to turn them into jpeg format. Linda

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page