Microsoft internet explorer

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Riched32.file is missing from computer: Microsoft internet explorer
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Monday, January 01, 2001 - 12:44 pm:

every time i try to download something,i get an error message,just before the download finishes,that says"explorer has performed an illegal operation and will shut down".how do i fix this?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Catchup on Monday, January 01, 2001 - 08:17 pm:

RE: IE illegal operation;
First try this; Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> System Information... In the next window click the Tools menu, click "Repair Internet Explorer. This is in IE 5.xx.
Try it and see what happens.

Catchup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Sunday, June 10, 2001 - 02:30 pm:

Hi All,

I am having an "Illegal Operation" problem with the Windows Update Site, whenever I try to access it I get the "Box" coming up. In details is : IE, caused a divide error in module OLEAUT32.dll at 0167:65352223 plus a lot more numbers below this.
When I click ok, another box arrives with, "There was an internal error and one of the windows you were using will be closed down"
When I click on the ok button, IExplorer closes down and i am back at my desktop again. Has anyone any idea what could be causing this, I also seem to have lost the contents of my browser plugins file, are the 2 connected and if so what can i do about it ?
Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers,

Arline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Arline on Saturday, June 16, 2001 - 11:48 am:

Hi All,

I have corrected the problem by reinstalling Windows, shame I didn't think about doing that in the first place, it would have saved me weeks of searching trying to find the file. Ah well, we all live and learn.

Arline.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page