Moving Downloaded Files

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Moving Downloaded Files
  Subtopic Posts   Updated
Moving files from documents to wordpad  2   01/23 05:42pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Loretta Woehst on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 01:06 am:

I have tried on several occations to move a file from My Download File to a different folder, however, it just creates a shortcut in the new fold and leaves the origianl in My Download Files.

Is there a way to move these files or are there just some programs that can't be moved? My dowload File is getting to be a mess

Loretta Woehst

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Tom Glander on Thursday, February 15, 2001 - 01:11 am:

Loretta,

RIGHT click and drag, then drop the file. When you release the mouse, you'll see options. Choose the one that's applicable to what you're trying to accomplish.

In your case, you'll want to MOVE the file. You can also copy or make a shortcut, or cancel the operation.

Try it. You'll see how it works.

Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Loretta Woehst on Sunday, March 04, 2001 - 04:53 am:

Thanks Tom,

Sorry this thanks is so late. I forgot I asked the question and haven't had time to get back to these boards in a while. And My Download files thank you, you have made my life easier. :D

Loretta

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By teamtools on Saturday, March 17, 2001 - 10:58 am:

I just bought a new pc and had the C drive from my old system slaved to the new C drive. I would like to copy my bookmarked url links from IE and my filters and email folders from the old Outlook 2000 files over to my new C drive, but I don't know which files they are. I have reloaded Office2000 to the new C drive so Outlook is there, but I think my new C drive has IE 5.0 while the old drive has IE 5.0, so I don't know if I can even make the transfer on the old IE bookmarks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By Anonymous on Friday, March 23, 2001 - 09:19 am:

I already have a website. What I want to do is add a already made page off of the internet as a second business I saved it then transferred it with ftp in my main controls the files are there but I can't seem to get the webpage to view on the internet. What am I doing wrong?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page