Files in Add/remove folder

TNC Discussion Board: Files, files, files: Files in Add/remove folder
  Subtopic Posts   Updated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By newtj1 on Monday, March 05, 2001 - 04:16 pm:

How do you delete the file names in the add/remove list in Control Panel after uninstalling?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheryl on Wednesday, January 02, 2002 - 02:50 pm:

CAN THESE FILES BE REMOVED FROM THE ADD/REMOVE..ADOBE ACROBAT READER 3.01,LERNOUT&HAUSPIE TRUVOICE AMERICAN ENGLISH TTS ENGINE, LIVE REG(SYMANTEC CORPORATION),LIVE UPDATE 1.6 (SYMANTEC CORPORATION),QUICK TIME, SAVE NOW. IM NOT SURE WHAT ALL THESE ARE FOR AND WHAT IS SAFE TO REMOVE.,,ANY HELP WOULD BE SO VERY APPRECIATED,THANK-YOU KINDLY.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By suetoo on Friday, January 04, 2002 - 02:09 am:

1) You don't need to YELL. using all caps like that is like yelling in computerize. :-)

You need Adobe for reading pdf files that you get from the internet mostly. you need live reg for your virus scanner and your live update. don't delete anything from symantec. Quick Time is used to play certain things (usually like a short movie) that you run across on the i-net. The lernout&hauspie is an audio thing, and if you remove that you might not have any sound anymore.

So, I would say you should keep them all. Are you running out of disk space? If you are then there are other things that can be done to free up some space. Like make sure your recycle bin is empty, and delete temporary files, and temp. internet files...

hope i helped.. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message   By cheryl on Friday, January 04, 2002 - 06:17 pm:

thank-you suetoo,it did help alot.. and sorry about the caps, now i know.p.ss i dont have a virus scan, what would be a good one to use?,, thank-you again so much.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page